Regression and inference
- Chapter 2 in Mastering ’Metrics Joshua D. Angrist and Jörn-Steffen Pischke, Mastering ’Metrics: The Path from Cause to Effect (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2015).
- “Properties of regression” in Causal Inference: The Mixtape Scott Cunningham, Causal Inference: The Mixtape, 2018, https://www.scunning.com/mixtape.html.
Look through your notes on regression from your last stats class. Also, you can skim through these resources:
- 6.1–6.4 in ModernDive Chester Ismay and Albert Y. Kim, ModernDive: An Introduction to Statistical and Data Sciences via R, 2018, https://moderndive.com/.
- 7.1–7.4 in ModernDive Ismay and Kim, ModernDive.
- 7.1–7.3 in OpenIntro Statistics David M. Diez, Christopher D. Barr, and Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel, OpenIntro Statistics, 3rd ed., 2017, https://www.openintro.org/stat/textbook.php?stat_book=os.
- 8.1 in OpenIntro Statistics Diez, Barr, and Çetinkaya-Rundel, OpenIntro Statistics.
We’ll review all this regression stuff in the videos, so don’t panic if this all looks terrifying! Also, take advantage of the videos that accompany the OpenIntro chapters. And also, the OpenIntro chapters are heavier on the math—don’t worry if you don’t understand everything.
The slides for today’s lesson are available online as an HTML file. Use the buttons below to open the slides either as an interactive website or as a static PDF (for printing or storing for later). You can also click in the slides below and navigate through them with your left and right arrow keys.
Fun fact: If you type ? (or shift + /) while going through the slides, you can see a list of special slide-specific commands.